[RC] TWH/Bitless Bridle - Ed Roley

Last night my daughter and I went to the fairgrounds to watch the local Lion's Club horse show. This was basically a gaited horse show(western NC seems to be bigtime walking horse country) although we did see a couple of QH's and there western riders waiting to show. My daughter was aghast(and frankly so was I) at watching the walkers. Those huge pads, the chains and the unnatural gait. Reaching so high with their front legs and looking like they were trying to crawl with their hind legs. Whips, spurs, expressions on horses faces which did not look like they were having fun. We couldn't stay much longer than 20 minutes. Couldn't take it.

I just started using a bitless bridle recently and am amazed at how responsive my horse is to it. He is generally a calm guy anyway but it takes very little pressure to get him to respond with this thing. It will be interesting when we go to a ride and see how he does at the starts.

Ed Roley