[RC] selling horse on payments--Advice Please - Karla Watson

I might be selling a horse with buyer putting money down and rest on payments. I have never done this but I know her (fellow endurance rider) and so I feel fairly comfortable doing this. She also takes very good care of her horses.

Anyone have any advice to give me? Anyone have any forms/contracts I could use? What happens if she doesn't make payments? After we start doing this, who legally owns horse--when she is paid in full or during payments? What happens if horse gets hurt before he is paid for under her care?

Karla Watson
Portland, Oregon
#31812