[RC] re:dressage for endurance riders - LStewart/KWeickhardt

I agree with the observations of Lisa O. and  Liz F. re: the differences between French and German Dressage.  As one with a German Dressage base a long time ago, when searching for ways to ride an OTT Arabian lightly, I came to Centered Riding and the French Dressage approach.   Both of these approach equitation from a partnership perspective that stresses "allowing" and non-interference of horse by rider.  This is a large generalization but, I see the German dressage as stressing more a "make it happen" type of philosophy.  For reading, try
Sally Swift's "Centered Riding" and "Centered Riding 2", also "Dressage for the New Age" by Dominique Barbier.

Kathleen Weickhardt