Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 8:21 PM
Subject: [RC] Cool Tips for Riders

Need tips on how to stay cool in hot and humid
weather.  I know this has been discussed before but I
feel it's a good time to bring it up again.
One of the items to be considered in my case is that
my lower body/legs DO NOT sweat at all due to scar
tissue.  Thus anything waist and higher does the major
cooling for my body.
Had a hot/humid conditioning ride today...my friend
and the horses did OK but I didn't.  Fortunately we
found a small stream and the water was cool...got
myself wet and eventually cooled down...meanwhile the
horses got lots splashed on them too which they
appreciated.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Val+Sania+Fly