From: R & S Machine [mailto:r&smachine@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent
: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 1:33 PM
To: AERC Discussion Group
Subject: [RC] Viruse Detected

A virus has been passed to me. My address book was infected. Since you
are in my address book, you will probably find it in your computer, too. =

The virus (called jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee
Anti-virus systems.
The virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is
sent automatically by 'messenger' and by address book, whether or not =
you
sent e-mail to your contacts.

Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it. Please do
this!

1. Go to Start, then click your 'Find' or 'Search' option
2. In the folder option, type the name...jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search your C Drive and all the sub folders and any other
drives you may have
4. Click 'Find Now'
5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
Do not open it!
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "Select All" to highlight the =

file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete. It will then go
to the recycle bin. If you find the virus, you must contact all the
people in your Address Book so that they may eradicate the virus from
their own address books.

To do this:
1. Open a new e-mail message
2. click the Icon Address Book next to 'To'
3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
4. Copy this message and paste to e-mail