[RC] for the Oregon riders--guys following a dream - Andrea Day

Are any of you Oregon folk feeling generous?

There's a couple nice fellas, Scott and Dave, running across the USA, WITHOUT a support car, that are nearing the end of their dream. They started out in Sea Bright, NJ, and want to finish up in Florence, OR. Other runners have done the cross-country thing, but these guys are the first to do it without daily support.

They're looking for a place to throw down a sleeping bag along their Oregon route. Austin Junction, Prairie City, Mount Vernon, Dayville, Spoos Mill, Mitchell, Prineville, Nimrod and Mapleton are the places they don't have contacts, and they're concerned that the distances involved between water stops and places to find food will prove critical.

I gave 'em a shower, pizza, and a bed last night here in Mtn Home, ID, and they were nice guys, serious about their running, and with some good tales to tell. My dream is to someday do Canada to Mexico, and they gave me lots of good insight into how I could make that happen. Their website is runtheusa.com and they carry cell phones to arrange their contacts. Scott's number is 610-368-5188. They welcome runners, bikers, riders, whoever to join them for a day, so if you want to condition with a couple guys going 24 miles in 6 hours, have at it.

Anybody know any ride-and-tie folk or runners in Oregon that you can pass this note on?

Don't shoot me Steph, I know this isn't endurance related, but seeing as how endurance riders are mostly crazy ;) and these guys are CERTAINLY insane (!) I figure crazy folks might otta stick together.

Andrea