Re: [RC] weight divisions - Heidi Smith

>so, if you have two different horses, very similar in ability, each weighing, oh, lets say 850 pounds, one carrying a rider that weighs 110 pounds, the other carrying a rider that weighs 220 pounds, then it only amounts to a very slight difference in the work the horse has to do because it is only an aerobic workout?     ed

It varies on par with a 5# difference at the track--which any handicapper will tell you is significant.  The takehome message is that it isn't like a 110# difference at the track.

Heidi

PS:  I'm not sure I'd use the word "only" when labeling aerobic work--that's kinda on par with the old "do you work or are you "only" a housewife?"  Just consider that the aerobic worker is considerably more efficient than the anaerobic one.  (Maybe kinda like a good housewife, too?  <g>)