[RC] Multi-day (S2S) questions - FancyNite

OK.... Questions!!!

Robert and I are wanting (and praying) to get through Shore 2 Shore this year.  I have done 100s and back to back 50s... but this 5 day thing is VERY intimidating.

Any advice on how to get through a 5 day ride?

Do we electrolyte the same as any ride?  Can you over electrolyte?  I worry about Scratches.... Any dos/don'ts on scratches?  Any precautionary measures we can take to make sure scratches aren't a problem?  What about Sand Colic?  My horses haven't been in Sand for an entire week before.  Any precautions on that one?

We were thinking of trying 7 hr 50s... One check at a time and staying together.... Is 7 hrs a good goal, or is that still to fast, knowing we are going to keep asking them for another day?

There is LOTS of preparing yet to do.... New girth being one of them.  I will carry elytes with me as well.

Oh, I could go on and on and on.... but I decided to look to you folks for advice. ANY advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sincerely,
Jinnifer and Robert Plummer