[RC] My Hopkins Creek experience - FancyNite

When we finally pulled into camp Friday, we were all READY to get out of the trailer.(Thank you Maggie... I liked the sign!)
There was quite a lot of rigs there already... Not sure if it was there biggest crowd or not, but it sure seemed like it. (Jeanie???)

While we set up camp we visited here and there and sat down for an arrival beverage.  It was warm, with a nice breeze.  But I couldn't believe how DRY it was.  I never expected it, with all the rain we have had here at home.  We heard a few different versions of Deanna's misfortune.  Of course I had to go straight to the source... Poor Deanna, the bright side; "she did get through HER FIRST 50!  WAY TO GO DEANNA & SALINA."  I will say (as Jeanie did) all stallions were very well behaved.  So was the (sl*t mare) Salina!<eg>  And NO I didn't put a greece title on Deanna's mare, I thought she endured enough pain already!  lol  (come on Deanna tell your story!!!)

Start time was 6am.  There was 8 of us together on the first loop... WOW.
Linda Hammerick gave us all a pretty good scare, as Dancer put on the JAKE BRAKE, and she plummeted down to the ground, HARD!  We made sure Linda was alive, and caught up Dancer.  Six crazed lunatic horses, were suddenly gentle giants as we all gathered our whit's and got Linda back on the top side.  Thank goodness she had on her helmet!!!  And other than a dislocated <if not broke> pinkie (ouch I seen it... ) she was OK!  That was adrenaline pumper!

By the time we got into the first check, I felt like a darn orangutan and my back was killing me!  I think a barbed wire bit would have been more fitting this morning!  I got a little concerned when the boys wouldn't eat (except carrots, apples and peppermint treats) at the first check.  I listened to Savages gut sounds, in my opinion they weren't the greatest, so I gave him an extra dose of Pro-bi.  After the second loop, they both were eating ok.... NOT perfect, but better than the last check.  Now with gut sounds back to an A, I felt MUCH better! Just to be cautious, I waited a few extra minutes and went back out with Kellie and Rob.  The heat started getting to Shark a little after the third loop, so Rob opted to take his time and FINISH!   Although, I felt bad for him when he did finish... His face was as red as a radish.  Turns out he walked probably 8-9 miles of the last 10, ON FOOT!  But by golly he finished!  And Maggie, thanks for checking on him.

Kellie and I headed out with a pack on the 4th loop. (Gene and Shelly Dake, Myra Fleming, Kellie and I)  Linda and Wendy had 1 minute on us.  They blasted out of camp, while Kellie and I kept a steady pace and decided, it just wasn't worth it... We want that Shore 2 Shore darn it! We sure have fun riding together, laughen' and singing!  Scott (I never did catch his last name... Myra's son-in-law) caught up to us and laughed at our crazy antics, but he was happy to ride with us the last 10!  He liked our chicken dance the best!  Kellie and I held hands and tied for 6th place!  Yeah... our boys were happy and healthy at the end... and EATING!!!

I am sorry, I don't know all the top ten or the exact placing on a few (help me out here Jeanie)... but here it goes.

1st.  Linda Hammerick
2nd.  Wendy ???????
3rd. Myra Fleming
4th. Gene or Shelly Dake
5th  Gene or Shelly Dake (sorry... I know Gene got BC)
6th  Jinnifer Plummer
  &  Kellie Moore
8th  Scott ?????

Oh, Jeanie is right... Mom didn't moon anyone.  She didn't have a very good day.  She pulled at the second check!  BUMMER.... sorry Mommy!  Kais developed a VERY deep muscle cramp that 3 massage therapist worked on...  It took Mom almost 2 hours to get it relieved.

CONGRATS again to Deanna and Salina!  Told you could do it!!!  And Jeanie, you told your story... but you didn't tell us how it went for YOU!  How did the young man do?  Sorry, we didn't get to visit much.... You looked quite busy!  Oh and were was Larry????

All in all it was a good ride... but we are thankful to be HOME!
Happy trails all...
Jinnifer Plummer