Re: [RC] Loose stallions revisited - rides2far

Can't blame you!  Had the reverse scenario here a few weeks ago,
though-

Gee, ya'll are having so many problems, I think I'll relate the Alabama
version. At the vet last week there was an old man in overalls holding a
big QH mare with a really pretty little foal. He seemed real proud of it
so I complemented them. He said, "Let me tell you about this pair." Seems
he raises hay and a poor client had brought him the mare to try to pay a
back bill. She was skinny and the guy admitted she wouldn't breed. The
old fellow took her cause he felt sorry for her. Fattened her up and she
looked like a heavy built foundation QH. Then he said, "I was leading my
team of Belgians down to another field and this'un was following us loose
and up my driveway trots the pertiest QH stud you ever seen. So, he just
led the 4 of them in the field, then led the Belgians back out. The owner
showed up about a month later. He had a job where he traveled and
*thought* his friend was watching his horses but the friend hadn't
noticed one missing. The stallion owner signed a breeder's certificate on
the foal. The old fellow was tickled to death with his luck. :-)  There
is now one stallion in my neighborhood. It's the ugliest, head like
pickle, stunted looking racky thing you ever saw. These stories are
making me darned glad I don't have a mare to worry about that creature
getting with.

Angie