[RC] exhaust brake - Merryben

Okay Lori I looked it up and here it is.  I got mine in December of 2001 for a '93 Dodge 2500 5.9 L diesel with 5 speed transmission.  A friend of mine said that it is not that good for an automatic transmission cause you can only use it in high gear.  I don't know if that is true or not but would ask about it before buying....

exhaust brake was $799
Valve springs were 6 for 64.80
Valve cover gasket 6 for 31.74
valve cover o ring 6 for $1.08
turbo down pipe kit was $99
Manual shifter switch was 32.95

Total parts $1,028.57
Labor was $498
Tax was 82.29

Total was $1,608.86

Compared to $2357.84 for the Banks Turbo and power pak with tach and pyro. it was a bargain.  I got this in November of 1997.

I would not trade either one of them and consider it the best money spent.  Have never had any trouble with any of this equipment.

Also had Banks turbo on '83 Ford and it was just as good.