Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Stallions

I just wanted to chime in and say THANKS! to everybody posting about their stallions. I am about to buy a gorgeous Morab colt to use for riding and breeding and this thread has calmed my nerves a lot! Most of what has been said on this board about stallion keeping and riding has held true to my own beliefs about them. A lot of the people I have consulted have been telling me i can't ever ride him in public, can't take him around mares or he'll go crazy, etc etc. He is about to turn a year old and has been pastured his whole life with mares and geldings so I'm going to try and keep tat arrangement at my place. He's a very laidback boy so I'm hoping it works out. Any suggestions for fencing, training when he comes to breeding age, etc would be VERY welcome. Thanks guys (and gals)!

Jess (oh no! my herd is increasing again!)