Re: [RC] [RC] Stallions / Mares - Truman Prevatt

Let me throw a curve ball in here. I've ridden a mare for many miles and many of those miles was with a stallion (actually a couple different stallions). Neigther had any issues with it. My mare would go out of heat (if she was in) when we loaded to go to a ride (she was all business). That made it a real pain in the butt when I decided to breed her.

Anyway what happens if a stallion's rider is dumped and the horse is running free during a ride. How does one train a stallion to forgo the urges when that happens.

Truman

Maggie Mieske wrote:
No, they are ruled by their riders.  Or should be.  Just as the mares

are.>
You are quite right about that.  Unfortunately, not all riders know how to
rule their horse!  I see way too many horses of all genders who rule their
riders totally.  How much fun can that be???
Miles of smiles,
Maggie