Re: [RC] horse fatalities, 2002 - Heidi Smith

>Now would you tell me why it matters what ridecamp thinks or care if they trash Jim Holland?  The AERC vet committee should be the last group to care a tinkers damn about what ridecamp thinks when it addresses the issues around a dead horse.

Apparently you missed my point.  The point is that if the veterinary committee makes an unfounded statement which then gets blown out of proportion, then THEY become liable for the damage that THEY have caused.

>The bottom line horses have died and from my perspective the AERC BOD has been willing to just let it slide in the past. When you hear directors say things like, "sh** happens, what messge does that send. Not a good one IMO. Some see the comments of the vet committee as just another example of that. IMO it is time we as a sport start taking the words horse welfare seriously or remove them from our bylaws.
So are we supposed to pretend that it isn't true that sometimes accidents DO happen that are beyond our control?  That is called hypocrisy.

Heidi