[RC] Favorite English Style Endurance Saddle - Robin

Newbie Here --

Hi -- I'm trying to do my research and find my perfect saddle for my horse and myself.  I've only ridden in an English all purpose with padded flaps and I would call the knee rolls medium at least.  I've found I have to have this size or larger knee rolls.  And, the saddle must have a narrow twist.  I've tried a few other English saddles besides mine and either there were little or no knee rolls and after a 2 hr ride, my knees hurt for 3 days!  And one saddle had a wide twist and - ugh - not for me.  Also, my saddle is an all purpose and I'm wondering what the difference is between this and a close contact saddle?  This English saddle I have is old and bridging my horses back so I need to replace it as the leather was not taken very good care of before I bought it as a starter saddle.

I grew up riding in a wonderful western saddle but since I purchased my off-the-track TB, I've been riding English and LOVE it.

I've looked at the Courbette but the knee rolls scare me.  The one I have is triangular shaped (I think).  The Frank Baines saddles look impressive.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks everyone for all your help, ideas, suggestions etc. etc. etc.

Saddlebum aka
Robin T.