From: "Howard Bramhall" <howard9732@xxxxxxx>
To: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   10 Reasons why an old fart should not ride a green horse
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:06:40 -0400

1) Old bones don't heal as quickly as they used to.

2) You say right, he says left, you say tomaaattoooo, he says, "feed me and then we'll talk."

3) Right after a heavy downpour, when the weather is a bit cooler (hey, we're hard up down here in the summertime), you hit the trail and discover your new horse doesn't like water or anything that appears wet.
He'll come to a complete stop, no matter what gait you are in when he spots the deep, dark, murky, bottomless mud pit which contains, at the most, 3 inches of water. This is a great time to practice that Flying Bramhall forward dismount that would qualify you for employment in any Three Ring circus.

4) Any bug near the belly will be dealt with by a swift kick from a rear leg which is a lot of fun when he does this while you are scraping off some belly sweat. Always wear your helmet, even when dismounted.

5) Purchasing a new saddle with your Master Card is great. Using it to pay the hospital for keeping you alive while training your green horse: Priceless!

6) Sheath cleaning, a concept your new buddy doesn't seem to fully comprehend, begs the question, "Is this operation really necessary?"

7) You've come to realize why you got such a great deal from the previous owner on this horse.

8) You want to sell him but he's so darn beautiful and loving when you're not riding him, it's just not possible. You figure you've lived a good life and if this is how it will end, the odds are you will go out with a smile on your face.

9) Your farrier no longer returns your phone calls, so, you assume the role and end up, once again, in the hospital only to Discover your Master Card limit has been surpassed from your last visit and they don't take American Express.

10) When you report to your Shrink for the next appointment, wrapped in bandages, using crutches to migrate from the waiting room to the "couch", wearing a 3 inch stitched up (55) slash on your left cheek, she decides the topic of discussion this morning will be "Are horses really worth dying for?"

cya,
Howard