Re: [RC] [Guest] Oak Leaf Run, July 19 - FancyNite

Hi Layla,

You asked: <<Has anyone out there competed in this ride?? If so, could you tell me
something about the terrain and camping facilities?>>

Terrain:  is mostly flat dirt/sand (some gravel) roads.  Rather easy trail, but very PRETTY and FAST.  (at least I thought so.) A lot of two track... actually I don't remember many spots it was single track?  Calling Michigan... Help me here guys.

Camping facility:  You camp at the "Triple R."  Not a HUGE place, but comfy cozy.

Last year, it was a 60 mile ride on both Sat and Sun.  This year it is just a ONE day (sat. Only) 50.

If you have the flyer, there has been a few changes you should be aware of.  (If you get the UMECRA newsletter, the changes were in there, I believe it was the March issue.)

Change 1:    NOT going to be a night ride.  So ride times are changed to 6 am for 50s/COMP.  6:30 am 50s/END.  6:45 am 25 LD.  7 am for 25/ COMP.

Change 2:  Emergency number is (269) 561-2970
Hope that helps ya.

Have fun... Hope to see some of you at Hopkins Creek.
Jeanie, we are DEFINITELY coming!  YEE HAW!
Oh and Maggie, if you DON'T ride... can you LOAN me your CREW?  LOL  See ya there!  Of course if you ride... You can get a good dose of what Spook Run will be like!  (ROFL!)
Jinnifer Plummer