[RC] Pyramid Challenge the end - Maggie Mieske

I am afraid I will leave someone out if I try to thank everyone but some need mentioning...

thanks to the Ticktins and the Pyramid Society for putting on this great ride. I know they aren't really distance people and we maybe try their patience but they did a first class job and made us feel very welcome. I WILL return to this ride. Next year I hope to win that saddle donated by the King of Morroco to the first Egyptian to cross the line.

Thanks to the Ward's for the loan of their truck to get there AND for breeding Malik in the first place, giving us a reason to need to get there!! They are friends of the highest caliber.

Thanks to ALL of the vets and the timers and the PR folks....it was a well run ride with competent help. Probably of average size for a SE ride (about 90 riders total) but I was totally impressed with how smoothly the whole thing went!

Thank you to Connie Caudill for her wonderful inspiration and encouragement and that tap on the shoulder.  What a positive person!!!

Thanks to the Malinowskis and all of our other Egyptian breeder friends who supported and encouraged us in this endeavor. Thank you, Adam, for helping me prepare Malik for BC with a little beauty shop treatment. He looked GREAT and Dr. Otis liked it!!! Obviously!! And Maria for taking time to take photos and video shots of the whole affair.

OH, and thank you Becky Siler for the MOST beautiful photos of myself with my horse that I have ever seen....of course, that short, fat person looks nothing like the person I see on the inside but Malik could make a toad look good! :) Thanks for a wonderful job.

Thank you, Barb Marcius, for sharing your insight and routine and supplies and most of all, your laughter and friendship. I am awed when I think of all of the wonderful memories we made as ridecamp buddies in 3 short days and of the times and memories yet to come. We miss you already!!!!!

Thank you also to the too numerous to mention people who took a moment to congratulate me and compliment my wonderful steed....that is also a prize that a ride manager can't provide!

Thank you, Nelson for working so hard to help me achieve my goals and dreams. I am not ashamed to say I love you and it is nice that it works out that you love me back. :)

And Jenny, thank you for being a part of my dream. It's every horsey mom's dream to have a little girl who loves horses the way she did as a child (and as an adult) and to be able to share that is another one of the "prizes" in endurance. I hope you someday have a little girl who will have her own "Max" and will make you as proud of her as I am of you. We are going to miss the hell out of you when you leave for Illinois! :(

If you come to the Pyramid Challenge in 2004, folks, come EARLY or stay LATE. I wish we had at least one more extra day to spend exploring Kentucky Horse Park and Lexington. There just wasn't enough time!! I'll make it up next year. And that's a promise!!

And that's all I have to say about that....(Forrest Gump).

Miles of Smiles!

Maggie and Malik