[RC] Pyramid Challenge part four - Maggie Mieske

We vetted out (different ballgame again...not the same way we do things at home and I was scared to death I was going to screw it up) and then stood for BC at one hour. Dr. Schmitt is awesome....I was sort of scared of him. I just didn't know him. He was impressed with Malik and very thorough in his inspection. He liked what he saw. But I never did think in a million years that I might really win Best Condition. It was an emotional and spell binding moment as Tommy counted backwards naming the BC scores. With friends and family, old and new, I hope I was able to convey to them all how much their congratulations and support and appreciation mean to me. I simply have no words.

I wish to also mention that Jenny and Max finished FOURTH. Very few minutes separated those first few horses. Max stood for BC and placed 4th...we are very proud of both of them. I know she was disappointed not to win BC...what a coup that would have been...mother and daughter BCs!!! :) But we have a lifetime of rides to complete and awards and goals to achieve. Not all of them will be BC. Her time will come.

As an Egyptian Arabian, Malik and I also had the privilege and opportunity to be presented to the crowd after the halter championships. Nelson is still talking about it and playing the video over and over. My wild Arab stallion stood outside while these classes were finishing and as the mares came out, sleek and groomed to perfection, he gazed adoringly at the endurance mares near him with paint stick on their butts and mud on their feet. When the stallions came out and screamed a challenge at him, he looked at them as if to say ....well, use your imagination. Try something about where to go and where to put it and eating wussies for lunch and spitting them out and you've got it! Never even answered them back!!!

When we made our victory lap in the arena, he was calm and collected. Most of the other Egyptian horses presented had other antics in mind. I was the only rider who did not have to dismount to accept my award and have our photo taken. :) Some may think he was tired. Those of you who know us understand that he is just that kind of a stallion. I was so proud of him!!! I only wish the crowd could have known that he was a stallion.

All in all, the Pyramid Challenge is not an event I will soon forget. Nor do I wish to.