[RC] completion awards and manners - Larry Miller

Joe is right when he says it is a COMPLETION award.  But until AERC says something, we are probably going to continue to get those awards at the beginning of the ride instead of at the end.  As for me, I would just like recognition if I completed whether an award or a statement at the award ceremony.  I noticed that when awards are handed out at the sign up, there is not a large attendance at the award ceremony.
As for manners, if someone is being rude, get on that person's case.  But you know what I love?  I have a horse with a red ribbon or a yellow ribbon for stallion, then the comment "oh does your horse kick?' or "oh is your horse a stallion?" as that person proceeds to run right up your butt.  When someone dogs my footsteps, I either go like a bat out of hell to get away, or simply pull off and wait for 5 min to let them get way ahead.  One can always tell ride management about the rudeness and let management approach the rude one and make some suggestions about better manners on trail.  Some folks are just plain clueless.  Jeanie