Re: [RC] Omni's LD Adventures - Maggie Mieske

Roger,
You are a smart rider and you did well.  I think we think a lot alike, you
and I.  Thanks for the p.s.  It feels good when you try to do your best and
when you least expect it, you get that extra  special reward of a BC!  :)  I
had a list of priorities for Pyramid Challenge...
1.  To finish
2.  To try and finish top ten if doable.
3.  To try and finish 1st Egyptian if doable.
I really had not set BC as a goal though when I top ten, I always have this
little wild hair that makes me think "it COULD happen".  :)  So, it was a
really great day fro both of us.
Aren't Shagya's purebred Arabs?  Is your horse registered with AHA?  If so,
you would have won the saddle!!!!!!  Don't know what I would do with one if
I won it (sell it on ebay probably...Maggie and Malik need all kinds of
things but a saddle that would need dusting and never get used is not one of
those things in spite of their beauty and elegance!).  Anyway, keep that in
mind for next year!!!  :)  We may have to race to the finish next year!!! :)
And you are so right about the BC presentation... I was scared of Otis at
first...don't know him, don't know how he likes things, that sort of thing.
I had some idea that he was a "tough cookie".  I like tough and thorough
vets but simply had no idea how this one would be.  He was fabulous....he
appreciated that we took pains to make Malik clean and presentable (even had
one of our Michigan friends come along and comb his mane and tail out!).
And he appreciated that Nelson was able to keep him trotting so he could see
what he needed to see.  Boy, the trotting we have done in practice is so
important....I even practice that with our young horses.  It IS important!
Anyway, it was a pleasure meeting you.  I regret that I did not have more
time to visit with and get to know my new "old" friends from RC and the new
ones at the ride.
Take care and hope to see you at a ride soon!!!
Maggie