Re: [RC] rings on feet - Pam & Buddy's email

No cracks...just rings from the top of the hoof to the ground...has good quality hoof...

Pam
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] rings on feet

Are they horizontal cracks?  We had a problem with that on one of our mares.  Our farrier suggested putting venice turpentine right in the cracks.  It sure has helped.

Tim

Pam & Buddy's email <shgerbey@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a 10 year old TB/Quarterhorse that has had 2 foals in the last 3 years.  During the last pregnancy she developed rings on her feet. What would cause these?  They are on all four feet but more so on the front two.  No lameness has ever been present that I have noticed...never off her feed.
She was eating a 14% protein feed and getting free choice costal hay.  Mineral was free choice also.  The foal has been weaned since April.  She is now getting Complete Advantage, soaked beet pulp, a biozin supplement and Fast Track probiotics plus coastal hay free choice.
Pam