Re: [RC] Was LD /Completion Awards - m l

Truman,

Some of the ride managers give out the same item all
the time.  Bill had a great idea.  He said to get iron
dates and add them just before the ride.  I help out
with several rides, and most of the time we get the
same amount of riders or close to it.  The biggest
thing about awards, it would be nice if it would be
something we could use.  Alot of times I get so many
mugs, I give them to Goodwill.  I don't think ride
managers should spend money on things people are going
to get rid of.  I know some managers do it because it
is easier.  I do know ride managers work their tails
off to put on these rides.  Maybe we would have better
completion awards,if they had more help.

Lindy
--- Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 From a ride managers view point, there is the
practical problem of how
many T- shirts to get. If you get too many, then you
are stuck with them
if they are dated and are out the money. If you get
too few then someone
doesn't get an award. Many ride managers have a
difficult time
determining how many people will show. I know of at
least one ride that
expected 19 and 100 showed up. Undated awards are a
way to mitigate this
problem. No you will not get additional people but
you will not get
stuck with the expense of too many shirts or get
stuck not having enough.

So if riders want dated awards then they should
support the ride
managers and let them know they are coming to the
ride and not make the
RM use a crystal ball.

BTW my ROC buckle doesn't have a date on it and I'm
just as proud of it
and the horse that won it, data or no date.

Truman

m l wrote:

I really wish at some of these rides the awards
were
worth staying for.  As a rider, I love the
T-shirts,
but I really like awards that have the date on
them.
There are some ride managers, I won't mention
names,
that give the same award every year that has no
date.
What is the purpose of that?  It gives nothing to
the
rider for their accomplishment.

Lindy