[RC] June 21, 2003 Endurance Ride ~ Mariposa "Run For The Gold" - Richard Theodore

The Mariposa Mountain Riders have entries available for the Mariposa "Run
For The Gold" -
( June 21, 2003) online at the AERC Ride Calendar or by going to our
website:  http://free.yosemite.net/~wildcat OR you can email
wildcat@xxxxxxxxxxxx to get the entry emailed to you Or you can call
209-742-7895 and an entry will be mailed to you.

This is a beautiful area in the Sierra Foothills.  The basecamp is at
approx. 4000' with climbs to about 5000'.  The dogwood trees are in full
bloom and the snow in Yosemite and the Sierra's is starting to melt.  The
views are really georgeous.

We have once again tried to make this ride a little less difficult by
changing directions traveled on certain trails.  The loops in and out on the
2nd half of the 50 miler vet check have been changed to save confusion and
make the ride flow a little easier. We will have water for horse and rider
at each vet check and water troughs out on the trail. We will also provide
hay for the horses even though the Forest Service is giving us a bit of a
challenge regarding the WEED Free hay.

We are going to have a great time.  The Friday night dinner is a bring your
own meat BBQ.  You bring whatever meat you want(or not) and cook it on the
BBQ.  For only $5.00 you get baked potatoes, beans, salad, bread coffee &
tea and dessert.  The Saturday awards banquet will be featuring Steak
fajitas with all the fixin's.

Our local 4-H Equine Project provides a Silent Auction where you can get
some really great stuff for really cheap!  The money is used to take the
children to the Grand Nationals at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

Completion awards are your choice of a belt buckle or two commemorative wine
glasses.  We give awards to Overall winner, Top Ten, First in each weight
division and Best Condition. In the limited distance ride, we also give a
best condition award.  The top ten horses are judged just like the 50 miler
riders in order to meet AERC requirements.

This ride is a great tune up for the TEVIS.  Sooo... Come and Join the fun.
Rich Theodore, Ride Manager