[RC] Mechanical Hackamores - Cowgirgoof

--- Begin Message ---
The original message was received at Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:31:47 -0400 (EDT)
from root@localhost

<decamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

... while talking to seahorse.fsr.com.:
RCPT To:<decamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<<< 550 unknown user <decamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
550 <decamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>... User unknown
Final-Recipient: RFC822; decamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; seahorse.fsr.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 unknown user <decamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:31:51 -0400 (EDT)
--- Begin Message ---

How many ridecampers use mechanical hackamores?
Do your horses rate better in them?
Do endurance horses seem to prefer them over a bit?
Would a horse be more likely to bolt or be out-of-control with one or more
controllable with one?

I'm thinking of trying my young horse in one since trying to rate him with a
snaffle just seems to upset and frustrate him. I'm sure much of this behavior
is just "growing pains" of a green distance horse who has to learn it's not a
big race all the time, but he is becoming more rude every taining ride about
rating during the first couple of miles of trotting. Most of his rushing has
been in groups of three to six horses, but he is very competitive with only one
other as well.
When I try to rate him with the snaffle bit with half halts, he is learning to
rip his head downward and sometimes crow-hops.
Any advice on hackamores and what ridecampers think of them?
Thanks, Becky

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---