Re: [RC] surveyor's marking tape - Lynn Kinsky

Title: Re: [RC] surveyor's marking tape
I'm sure that Ridecampers will have the answer for this:  where can you buy surveyor's tape at the best price? I'm getting ready to mark trail for the Sunflower Games competitive trail ride and I need tape. It has always seemed to me that the orange tape stood out better when combined with a white streamer--what is the opinion of the camp?  Also, if any Kansans out there would like information on the games--you can contact the games office via e-mail or visit their website sunflowergames.com--thanks--Liz

The flagging tape at http://www.identi-tape.com/flagging.html  is about as good a price as any.  For really good visibility I use chrome mylar flagging tape along with the colored flagging tape (both tied to a clothespin) -- the mylar tape can be found at orchard supply stores as "bird scare flash tape"  (they use it in the vineyards around here) and costs about double the price of regular flagging tape.