[RC] Top of the Rock, OR Angela's Curse - rides2far

I still say a good 100 mile ride is one of the best things in
life.....even if I only got to do 90 of it!!

If you want any pity from me you'd better quit rubbing it in that I'm not
getting to do much right now. :-P

Laura Hayes (is my character built enough now, Angie?

Gee, I'll have to think about it. There's so *many* stages to character
building. First, you have to prove you can accept being pulled gracefully
without trying to convince the vet you don't need pulled, etc.  Stage 2
is when you get pulled the *second* time in a short period of time and
you are required to smile and joke when people who are still in the ride
kid you about it (as opposed to making a flying tackle and wrestling
their horse from them). Stage 3 is when muster the ability to not hate
people who are completing on their new horses. I'm guessing that stage 4
has something to do with acceptance (I'm not there yet). Then you hit a
crossroads...do I prove them all wrong and figure out what's wrong with
this horse and fix it, or do I do like all my friends and get "the new
horse". :-((

I guess you can see I'm a bit down. Wouldn't be so bad if my "poor old
horse" would look a little pitiful in the field. Instead he is running
down the steep hill, slide stop, spin buck, motor up the hill. Lunges
just fine on a tight circle, flexes out just fine. Could do all the 25
mile training rides in the world around here and look great...but has 3
straight pulls. >whine< Yesterday at church the cover of the bulletin was
a little blonde haired girl that looked a lot like me when I was little
sitting on a white pony in a field of flowers and she's leaning forward
giving it a big hug. The heading was "God makes all things new". >sniff<

But then I watched "Signs" last night and the moral of that was
"everything happened for a reason". Since I've not been riding this
spring I've made GREAT progress on my log cabin. The parts that had been
sitting unfinished for a year and a half are almost done. It's BEAUTIFUL.
The weather has been so incredibly mild I would have spent all this time
riding but instead I'm going to actually get the kid's wing finished
before they grow up and move away.  I guess what is happening to me is
better than being pinned to a tree by a truck (only makes sense if you've
seen the movie)  So...maybe I'll be "the woman on the hill in the
beautiful log cabin, who has tons of character, and is starting a new
horse" before long.  Or even better, "the woman on the hill in the
beautiful log cabin, who has lots of character, whose horse just needed
some time off. :-))

P.S. I'll call off the dogs and give you permission to finish your next
ride. :-)

Angie McGhee
Wildwood, GA
God grant me the Serenity to enjoy a sound horse when I have one. The
self control to not ride a questionable horse when I have one, and the
wisdom to know the difference.