[RC] OK New Subject!!! (lessons) - Stagg_Newman

We try to take an equitation lesson with one of another of our endurance
horses
once a week schedule permitting and have for many years.

Our horses (and us) are usually trained by high level dressage instructors
who have the patience and sense of humor to work with endurance horses
and riders.  Our horse, Jayel Super, after bucking me off twice in the
first
couple of weeks we started him under saddle, was sent to Gail Carmona's for
training.  Gail, I believe, was the first person in the U.S. to ride an
Arab
to Grand Prix level and is a Grand Prix level judge.   I fondly remember
the
look the night we first went to Gail's with our furry unclipped endurance
horses
at a barn full of elegant dressage and other show horses.  Our horses had
their layers of winter dirt (two were greys of course).  But Gail
did not mind.  And without Gail's training Jayel Super may not have been
rideable, much less had the successful career he has had.

We are now learing the techniquies of Jean Claude Racinet on the French
school of lightness, which I believe is well suited for Arabs.

Most of the top riders I know take lessons or go to clinics to improve
their riding.

If my memory is correct Becky Hart had significant back problems
after winning her first world championship and was told to stop riding.
Instead she took centered riding lessons and won two more world
championships.
(mb - please correct if my memory is wrong).

Cheryl and Stagg Newman

From: Wintersdwbob1@xxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   OK  New Subject!!!

HOw manly riders  ( LD  et. al.)  take Lessons??? Not just ride around in
circles  but can actually do a half halt?    And feel the momentary loss of

forward motion and suspension?  )Obviously I have  too much tilme on my
hands not
riding!!!!!

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.