[RC] how much beet pulp the day of the ride? - gwcarman

To further clarify my post.......  I have only done short distances with my horse with 30 miles being the longest.  He comes through the rides very well.  I don't want anyone to think he is struggling or not happy.  At home right now he is only on grass (thanks to a month of steady rain) and won't eat hay at either with all the grass.  I  was curious as to how much beet pulp would be acceptable in a day.  I've seen some advice that said it should  be no more than a certain  percentage (which escapes me at the moment)  of the fiber intake and should not be a substitute for hay.    For one day I was wondering what would be acceptable given the circumstances.  thanks       debbie