Re: [RC] LD BC?? - Stephanie E Caldwell

>>The analysis so far indicates the distribution of times is exactly the same - so much for they are ridden different. For the most part they are ridden just as fast.

I didn't notice that in the ones I looked at. It seemed they had much lower completion times.

Secondly it looks like that on the percentage of horses ( not riders ) that do more than one day in three or two days in five is small. These results are preliminarily so there will certainty may be some surprises in the data, but initially I don't see much of what has been claimed by many in the numbers.

I'm excited to see that. I've always loved research and percentages... I probably should have gone into a vet field instead of insurance. It's much more fun.

I really want to learn the right way to ride. I realize that's a realative term, but advice from people who have high completion rates like y'all I feel like helps me and my horse, even if it's not something we're dealing with right then. I almost lost my mare last summer to an Acepromazine overdose, after sitting there with her for three hours, unsure if she'd even live, it really changes your perspective. She was paralyzed on her left side, tremoring uncontrollably, I was sitting in her stall watching her, crying, and she drug herself over and rested her head in my lap. I had bruises on my stomach for weeks from her weight, but that broke my heart. I can't imagine overriding her and her ending up sick and dying from it, if that ever happens just go ahead and shoot me at the ride, take my horse home with you guys, I couldn't live with myself.

Steph