[RC] Histan-G or Tri-Hist..ephedrine and heat - Sundaez

I'm wondering if there are any long term effects to feeding my mare Histan_G for her allergies to flies. It contains Pyrilamine Maleate U.S.P. 600 mg
Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride U.S.P. 600 mg

I understand that before a ride I would have to stop feeding it 92 hours prior. What about training rides? I took her out yesterday for the first time since starting it and she was a bit sluggish but spooky.

She has very bad allergies to flies. I keep her sprayed and sheeted but she still itches. The Histan-G has gotten rid of virtually all the welts so it is making her feel better. The only other alternative is Vetalog which is a steroid and I feel this is more harmful as last year she need 3 shots of it and was still itchy at times.

Any concern with the heat of exercise  and using Histan-G since it has ephedrine in it? I ask because of the recent deaths of human sports players taking ephedrine

TIA
Melanie Snowhite
Poway, CA.