[RC] LD BC's- As I See it ! - Vchorsegal

What if we used the two divisions Lynne Glazer suggested at the Bar H Boogie Ride.  A training division for those who planned to be very conservative, with overall BC awards, where time doesn't matter as long as you are under 6 hours- like Terry Howe does, plus the regular
AERC BC award.  If the rules do stipulate the use of the same form used for the longer rides, couldn't it be amended to weigh more heavily on vet scores and weight carried, making the ride time less important ?
  We need the LD's to introduce new people into the sport.  The majority of my clientele ( I train people and horses for endurance ) would have a much harder time without being able to shoot for a 25 miler, and most take 5 hours plus to finish !!  They are also important in numbers to keep our trails open !
To finish is to win-someone has to win, even if it takes 5 hours and 59 minutes !!  - Heidi Helly
p.s. Congrats to Tammy for the 10k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!