Re: [RC] Completion Awards - April Johnson

Deanna,

[reply to rant on]
"In your recent long posts, you kind of complained about a few things
regarding the ride you attended"
I did not realize that all my ride reports had to be glowing praise
for all that went on. If you don't like my honest opinion, don't
read it. I quite enjoyed my weekend. I'm sorry if you thought my
ride report didn't communicate that fact.

"As on trail, the rider needs to take a lot of the responsibility
for finding out what's going on."
I guess that's true. I tried to make people aware that it was my
first 50 and only my 4th ride. Because of that, I guess I had hoped
people would be more forth-coming about stuff going on. I didn't
even know the questions to ask in some instances (despite my reading
on RC). I'm learning.

Maybe if we'd been able to arrive earlier, I'd have made it to the
ride meeting and learned about the dinner being moved. And I did
manage to get a number on my horse's butt (although I thought of
just leaving it off). If I just buy a livestock marker (they're not
expensive and I don't care...just expected some at the ride is all),
I won't have to worry about that anymore.

"Quit fiddling with your GPS and your HRM and walk around and talk
to some people."
This might have been tongue in cheek or meant to be friendly, but
I took it as being harsh and unnecessary.

"Did you not get a completion award at all or did you simply not
get the pre-printed T-Shirt or whatever they were offering?"
I never said I did not receive a completion award. As to the t-shirt,
there was not one offered at all, but since I wanted one, I went
elsewhere to have one printed up. I, personally, did receive a completion
award. Never said I didn't.

"Also, volunteers deserve some sort of recognition."
I did quite appreciate the volunteers. Nancy Gooch, Nina Murphy,
the vets, the timers, the spotters, THE RIDE MANAGER All of them.
I did not mean my observations to negate that.

[reply to rant off]

"Colorific CTR...April, it's within driving distance from you."
Maybe, but if there's not a 25-50 miler ride on a non-Saturday, I
won't be making the trip. :-)  I do hope you hear naught but good
about your CTR.

April
Nashville, TN

         EASY and FREE access to your email anywhere:
               http://email-reader.com/mail/
     4,500 cybercafes worldwide  -  http://netcafeguide.com/