Re: [RC] Hind legs filling - Merryben

In a message dated 5/29/2003 11:39:29 PM Central Daylight Time, kjz2@xxxxxxxx writes:

Yes, yes, yes!!!  Out of that stall!!!

If, at all possible.  I am sooooo lucky that I have 50+ acres and about 40 of it is a pasture with a lot of flat, and a hill, and a ravine type thing with trees, etc.  I have 7 horses out there now and have quit feeding them because I am afraid they will burst.  Yes they are dirtier, grubbier, get more cuts and scrapes from fighting....and all that.  Shoot Jake even got bitten by a rattlesnake last year.   But all in all, they are healthier than any others.  THey have NO stall vices.  They don't get as many respiratory infections, etc.  I have a couple of retired guys that have not needed a vet call for 10 years, other than shots, etc.  I know that I am lucky that way but if you can possibly find any type of 24/7 arrangement, you have no idea how happy they are.  We sit in chairs and just watch them.  They are so funny sometimes how they act and interact.....mb