Re: [RC] LD BC?? - DVeritas

In a message dated 5/29/2003 4:23:28 PM Mountain Daylight Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

? From what I see in the SE region its probably pretty small in which case this whole "speed and 4 yo" is nothing but a red herring hot button.

    That's a valid point, and makes setting the minimum age for competition, (of any kind), in the AERC, as 60 months even more doable.
     No "whipped out of shape" here, just clear, logical thinking. :^)
     The percentage of 5 year-old horses who can survive a "mistake" at a ride, accidental or resultant from "operator error," should be higher than the percentage of 4 year-old horses who face the same "mistake."
     Seems logical to me...but, hey, I ride endurance and suffer from chronic DIMR.
     ---Frank