[RC] Washing Aluminum Horse Trailers - Karen

Just want to thank those folks who have replied and want to restate what I was asking. I know about acid washing aluminum trailers. The thing is my trailer has painted sides. Only the top and the nose of the trailer is aluminum. I need to know how to get the black streaks off the painted areas and most importently, how to coat or seal the aluminum so it won't streak the paint again. What can I coat it with? I'm guessing that I also need to seal the painted areas. Removing all those black streaks is going to take days!!!!!  Could someone pass me the cheese?

Bonnie Snodgrass

Bonnie -- there is something called "Black Streak Remover" that is sold at Wal Mart and Camping World.  after that, a good coat of wax will help make future cleaning easier.