Re: [RC] This Joy You Feel Is Life - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Title: Re: [RC]   This Joy You Feel Is Life
on 5/27/03 6:18 PM, Typef at typef@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Even as I sit here, perched on a pillow, thinking this is the third time in a year that I've been able to hardly get in bed, out of a chair, walk to the barn to somehow feed, (forget about reaching down to pick up that piece of paper that just fell on the floor, I'll get it next week), that ALL I can think about is "Can I make that next scheduled ride in two weeks?" What is it about this sport that has us all possessed? Whatever it is, it's a good thing. Even though my husband wishes I would trade my spirited Mustang and Arabian in for a big Warmblood like his and mosey on down

I don't know, but after falling 5 miles into Hog Wild and breaking my tailbone and herniating a disk in my neck, I cannot WAIT until this weekend at Cinquenta Anos. I finished Hog Wild, saw the Doctor and there is no way I am telling them I'm doing another 50 this coming weekend. The three weeks I spent not riding drove me crazy. Then I read Julie Suhr's book again, and now I am frothing at the mouth to do another ride.

Riding this weekend was a joy, saw at least 13 other riders out yesterday while riding the trails. It is great to live in a community that gets it. Horses, horses, everywhere....

Tiffany