[RC] Peeing/ only on ridecamp :]/mare behavior - Laurie Durgin

The last two days Rascal has peed in front of me after eating his grain/beet pulp/supplements. But it is only about a cup or so. Believe it or not I have only seen him pee before about twice and usually alot more. Honey who does it before every meall usually goes about a gallon! I am wondering if this indicates a problem or if he only has to go a little and it's normal.He is 1 week into the Marquis.He is getting probiotics/e,selnium/msn/red cell.It is yellowish,but it seems like he'd go 'more' if he was takeing the trouble to go at all. . . Any thoughts?
Observed him gallop the other day, seemed ok, for the 100 ft or so he did it, but that evening ,while walking he acted like he had a 'sticking' stifle slightly. Today he 'tried to ' canter to breakfast, but it was a canter/trot something , his off hind ,again wasn't where it should be. He doesn't have any problem swatting flys or stepping over the board into his stall, But he sort of teetered at a stop today. So I have discounted, the long shoe/slick grass, my farrier suggested.Also many of the other neurological diseases, no illness symptoms. He eats fine, I sort of "sense" a lack of energy.I haven't seen any of his occasional pushiness towards the other horses or me. He comes
over to rub his head on me,but it's not as rough or energetic as it usually is.

I am no longer unsure ,if anything is wrong,and am glad I put him on the meds.
I am going to go ride the big tb today, just to keep my muscle memory. I may try to ride Honey this evening when My older son comes home from his pt job.She is green/High strung enough just riding her with an 11 year old around is a bit risky. I started to ride her SaT. BUT WE HAD BROUGHT 2 PONY MARES/ FOALS to stay here for daughters trainer till they are weaned. Put them in their own paddock/shed. Honey went nuts, don't know if she was trying to protect them or wanted the babies or what .She acted lilke a "stud" I swear: prancing , whynnying around for 3 days. Hung out right by their fence for days, she seemed to be in season too, maybe that was it. (she has never acted marish before if that is what this is). But for the first time she kicked at Champ and Scout when they came over by the mares/foals. Dummy me thought I could take her away and have a sane horse. She acted like I was taking her away from her baby (never had one),Needless to say , not a good day to work with her, I gave up as she is sensetive/high strung to begin with , and I had no wish to fight or die that day.Her body obeyed my signals, but her mind was somewhere else, serously somewhere else..Now that I think about it , she always gets real excited when another horse trailrides by occasionally. I wonder if it's because she is the only mare,not to mention she hasn't been off the property in 4 years.I can see she will need to 'go to town' some if I get her actually trained well enough(if I was an advanced rider /trainer she'd been trained 2 or 3 years ago, pasture ornament with lots of groundwork)..(I was already kind of depressed cause of Rascal, this really discouraged me SAt. Went thru the "is this horse too much for me again, maybe I need an ol' 'TWH or QH.>sigh<
Well I am going to get ol Champ out and make him take me down the road for an hour or so. No wild rides with him, course going from postinga shortback 14.2,5 arab to a longback, 16.1 Tb is real interesting. Instead of up/down/up/down/up/down ; it's uuuuppppp--------------dooowwwnnnn---------uuuupppp-------dooowwwn-------
Happy trails to everyone. Laurie /Honey and a Rascal and Scout and Champ