Re: [RC] quiet - Heidi Smith

its nice out. it's quiet on ridecamp (stating the obvious:)

Yeah, some of us gabby souls actually made it to ENDURANCE RIDES this past
weekend!!  Kudos to the folks who put on the High Valley ride near Ola,
Idaho--the drive in is "interesting" (particularly when one lost the braking
system in one's truck when the AC blew up when nearly to the ride--chalk it
up to One More Reason Why I Tow With A Standard Transmission With Dual Range
4WD--I was able to grind down those grades in Low-Low just fine with not
much in the way of brakes) but the trail is beautiful, and you'll not find
much better footing anywhere!

As I've always said, LD's are primarily for people--my horse could likely do
50 just fine, but I'm sure grateful for LD as I try to get my tubby and
out-of-shape body rehabbed from its various medical insults the past couple
of years.  I was pleased as punch to get through the LD in reasonably fine
fettle, still suffering from problems with heat, but glad to be managing
once again to ride at least that far without any particular difficulty.  I
seemed to be going my own pace somewhere between the quick folks and the
slow folks, so rode quite a bit of the trail alone.  One section of the
trail had several rock chuck holes, which management had very diligently
marked with either upright poles or boards in them or those little square
flag things on wires.  As I trotted down the trail past one of these, I was
particularly amused to have its "resident" come popping boisterously up out
of the well-marked hole and really give my horse and me a proper ticking off
for disturbing his day!  <g>

Anyhow--thanks again to the High Valley crew for a nice ride.

Heidi