Re: [RC] Sarcoid Question. - KathyZ1

This sounds to me like ringworm.
The fungicide has probably already taken care of it.  A round, smooth, pink bald spot is what's left after the fungus has been eradicated.
If his summer coat is still coming in then hair should grow into the bald spot soon.  If he's completely shed his winter woolies already, then you may have to wait until the winter coat grows out to have that fill in again.
No big problem, tho.  Sounds like you've already handled it.

Kathy

Karen wrote:

One of my horses has a "spot" that is about the size of a dime, was at first scabby (like rain rot), then seemed to have a slightly oozy center (like a tick bite).....I did 3 weeks of betadine scrub, and putting on anti-fungal ointment or furacin.? Now, it is healed over smoothly, but firmer and perhaps larger.? Looks like could be sarcoid, which animal has already had one removed.....I know, trip to vet in order...but asking if sarcoids ever go through scabby or oozy periods.? It is not black, but pink like the skin