[RC] Pregnancy and riding - Angela and Ron Lewis

Hello Kristin,
I too was faced with the decision about pregnancy and riding two years ago.  I found out I was pregnant and I was bummed as I thought I could not ride.  I have a very nice doctor that said I should not break any new horses but that if I had a horse that was broke it was fine to ride as the baby is well cushioned.  I rode my first endurance ride a 25 LD ride when I was 3 months pregnant and another when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant, I kept heavy riding (lots of trotting ) until my late 7th month then the doctor told me to only do walking as the baby was heavy enough at that point to actually break the water if too much pounding so I just walked.  Then I got too huge I couldn't really fit in my saddle (toward my due date) my horse was probably happy.  I have a friend that also rode lots during both her pregnancies and both hers and my delivers were super easy.  Maybe riding helped.  HA...Anyway good luck to you and your new addition and enjoy your riding while you can after the baby it is harder to get time to ride.  Oh and the other thing...I could not rock my son to sleep I had to BOUNCE him everywhere...Guess he got used to all those months of trot trot trot...  :)    Angela