[RC] Scioto Run first 50---many thanks - Jon . Linderman

11 hours, 5 (yes 5!) lost shoes, plus an ez boot lost in glop......not necessarily a good opening for a first 50, BUT, it was great.  I reaffirmed that this sport is about great, no, really really great people!

I had so much help and encouragement as the wheels (or shoes) fell off after the second loop. Big thanks to Cheryl Fenton's friend who saw me on foot after hiking 2 hours and gave me water.  Mickie Newnam face in the vet area reminding that its supposed to FUN!  Deanna German for knowing how to be patient w/my A.D.D. horse during his pulse checks, as well as her husband Ed for helping me to find my vet card at least 2 times per vet check (okay I was a bit frazzled!), Mollie for encouraging me all the way, Helen/Mary/Jennifer for patiently forgiving my head strong horse as we bolted by on the second loop (right stirrup flapping in the breeze), Amy Whalen & ? for also allowing us to bolt by on the single track on loop 3, all the stronger riders who asked if we were okay when they saw us on foot.  Maureen and Mike (our A++++ vets) who paid close attention to his soundness pre-, during, post ride, AND a super HUGE thanks to Tom Keith, farrier extrordinaire!!!  I'd come in to the vet check minus a shoe and he'd have one shaped and ready by the time we pulsed and we still had time to eat/drink and chill.  Then there was my pal leah with a hug and "MIkes Hard Lemonade" when we were thru.

The horse was terrific every step of the way and came thru very strong. My part was easy with all the great people who helped.  IN thanks I promise to keep schooling him to get him to be a better "citizen" on trail & I promise to try to remember my vet card and I'm gonna have a serious heart to heart with my farrier so I don;'t hog the ride farrier every ride!

Mother nature made things a bit "interesting" to say the least, but so many terrific people made it fun and rewarding none the less!

Jon & "Spiffy"
?×?jjb±«®ø?z?Ä?Û«jw5ëa¶Úÿ 0zwn­©Üzw­"wè®f­??Ï¢X?È8¬rV¢?êá¶Úÿ 0zwn­©Üzw­ý?yƦ¥+?±ÊâmïÔ?Ë?±Êâmèm¶?ÿà ?Û«jw?ë®'^q©©þZ ¢v¬¥?xº'?©ÝF'^I§Þ