RE: [RC] [gr] Quicksilver Results - Kathy Mayeda

I think this was the one of best rides that QSER ever put on if you
don't count the $$$ part of it!

The trail was very well marked for the most part, but there were still
people missing turns so I'm sure that someone will disagree with me
here.  The wildflowers were incredible.  Some people were complaining
that it was too hot, but I thought that the weather was perfect... it
wasn't as muggy as the day before.

The Wilson Camp vet check was very well run, and a good tactical
decision by ride management to have all the loops go back through Wilson
camp.  Since there is no crew access, having one place to send your crew
bag to and have access to it was a real plus.  There were plenty of
grass and hay for the horses to eat up there.  There were three
permanent water troughs within a few hundred feet and a spigot; and the
only complaint the ride management had at the banquet was to have more
water at Wilson Camp!  Snacks, PB&J sandwich makings, soft drinks,
apples and water were provided.

I was pleasantly surprised to have cold beer waiting for me at the
banquet.  The pasta dinner just hit the spot.  What a class ride!

I entered the ride late with a horse that wasn't at his best form for
some reason, rode it slow and finished.  I am sure glad I didn't ride it
any faster.... it's one tough course.  But I am sitting here at the
computer today, satisfied that I finished with a happy horse that didn't
thump this ride.

I am thankful that I belong to such a great club, with all it's great
riders and vets that know how valuable these tough rides are to help
develop responsible endurance riding.  Thank you Scott Sansom, and thank
you Michele Roush, DVM, for making the sound decisions that you made to
put on this ride.

K.