[RC] Neonatal Cleft Palate......Not - Rides 2 Far

I was watching her nursing, and when she
stopped, a flood of milk came pouring back out of both nostrils.

I bought a horse from a local woman who liked to go to the big breed
sales and buy.  She bought this horse for her boyfriend but he decided to
switch to QHorse a year later. She knew I liked to buy and sell a little
and called me up. I looked at him and he blew me away. He was a *true*
15.2 with excellent bone. Beautiful conformation. 5 years old and acted
like a dead broke veteran. LOVED him.  I don't go to sales, because I
know that if I have a horse I can't stand not to tell people what's wrong
with them to their  face...but seems like it would be easy enough to send
the ones with hidden problems to a sale and "let the buyer beware". In
this case I thought she'd gotten lucky. He was a true find...super bred,
great mind, great body. Thought I was gonna make a killin' on him.
Noticed one small thing...he had a tiny green liquid trail trickling out
of his nostrils, but it wasn't snot. He wasn't sick.

Took him home. He'd eat, then give a big deep cough...like old men do in
the morning. Then was fine. Never a sick sounding cough. Went riding and
he stopped to drink at a red clay colored mudhole. I leaned over for
something and saw the strangest thing. Every time he swallowed, the water
came out both nostrils. It just pumped out with each gulp. There went my
profits. I was worried about EPM which I'd heard could cause paralysis in
the throat area. Kept him 6 months or so and no change. Someone said he
may have a tiny repairable hole in his palatte. Finally sold him cheap to
a heavyweight friend to leave her enough money to get it fixed and still
enjoy him. They scoped him and found nothing. He was a great horse, he
just leaked. After drinking or eating he'd have to cough deep a little.
Guess he got stuff in his windpipe. He's now a pleasure horse for a whole
family that loves him.

Angie