[RC] QUICKSILVER - Merryben

I will print all the results tomorrow once I get my printer in from the driveway.  There were 25 LD riders with 18 finishers.  Most were overtime.
The 50 miler started 44 and finished 32.  1 Lame, some metabolics and some overtimes.  This is an extremely difficult ride.  It is very beautiful but the park is 87,000 acres or so with almost no flat.  The new ride camp is beautiful and once the Fish and Game people are gone and it is owned by the State it will be spectacular.  We had our dinner and the ride office in a pole barn with sides that makes for shade and protection from the elements.  There is power to run the computer for results and we had two radio guys who ran a repeater from the top of the mountain, gave key ride personnel radios to use so we had communication from them to all the spotters to the vet check and to base camp  Very cool.

The 50 was won by Jeremy Reynolds and LF Al Zarka Sudan who also won BC.  Laura Fend's cute little grey Smoky was high vet score.  There were two horse excellence awards on the LD which went to TP Gypsy Fire, Julie Suhr's mare ridden by her friend on her first ride and Alexander, ridden by Debbie Bosco.  More tomorrow.....mb