Re: [RC] [RC] Lunar Eclipse - nina bomar - Flora Hillman

Thanks, Nina for taking all of us in the East Coast Mid-Atlantic region along with you on your eclipse ride.  It was a wonderful story!

Here in Northern Virginia we've been drowning with torrential rainstorm after rainstorm after rainstorm, and last night was no exception.  Sadly, the heavy cloud cover and wet stuff falling from the skies denied us the delights of the nocturnal solar/lunar show.  (I believe my county logged something like an Amazonian deluge of 4 inches in 24 hours.  The whole state looks like a rain forest!).

I'm just hoping the clouds will part and we get a peek at the full moon tomorrow night for the Old Dominion's night training ride over Sherman's Gap (in the Massanutten Mountains across from the Shenandoah Nat'l Park).  The OD is offering this unique seminar/ride opportunity to our local endurance community to ride at night on the section of the OD trail that most of the 100 milers hit at dusk/dark -- and we'd all love to see it in the moonlight, especially reaching the top of the mountain and looking down on the sparkling Shenandoah glittering in the reflected light.

However, if the clouds don't give way,  I dare say we're going to learn a LOT about following glowsticks!