Re: [RC] [Guest] gold fish - RunRoskoRun

I bought the small feeder fish from the pet store.  They were about an inch long 9 months ago when I put them in the 75 gal trough.  They are now about 3 inches long.  The trough is in the sun part of the day and its that black "Rubbermaid" brand.  We got up to 110 at times last year and all the fish were fine.  The key is to put them in when the weather is mild and they aclimate themselves as the weather changes.  They generally don't get fed unless the horses drop something in there (or I drop some bran or grain in).  The bigger the trough, the better chance for them living.  They need some green stuff in the water for oxygen.  I stack a few really big rocks in the bottom so they can hide in the crevices from the raccoons, egrets, and herons.

Good luck,

abigail