From: "Sullivan" <greymare@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   [Guest] [RC] crossing water with a green Arab

While this makes "some" sense, you cannot convince me that just by
focusing
some sort of
"posittive energy hocus pocus"  on getting the horse to do something
they
are scared of doing
is going to work every time.

These types of things are a wreck waiting to happen. It can be almost
totally avoided if breeders and those
who buy youngsters would do something other than leaving them in pasture
or
paddocks for 3 years.  Babies
that are ponied out in the real world do not have issues with creeks,
traffic, bikes, dogs, etc.......

With young horses, it is enough to ask them to attemp to focus on
figuring
out what a rider whats.  To throw totally
strange situations into this is asking for trouble. Why would anyone
take a
horse who has been only a week under saddle,
and ask them to do something that scary and difficult?  It takes weeks
and
months for a young horse to figure out what
a rider is asking with cues....better to have that stuff down SOLID, and
THEN try out in the real world.  If you have ALREADY
exposed them to the real world, you are tipping the odds in your favor.

Again, not impressed with Parelli methods.
Karen