Re: [RC] Found in Woods? - Truman Prevatt

Speaking of Ocala. In Feb of '94 when I was doing my first 100 in that forest (the same year I got blown over by two Zoomies), I noticed all kinds of law enforcement vehicles on the forest roads that night. The trail is in the woods but crosses dirt forest roads. When I was coming to a road crossing and saw headlights, I wait in the woods till they passed and since I was riding a black horse I doubt if anyone saw me. I saw Forest Service trucks, federal law enforcement trucks, the Sheriff's dept. and State Police cars during that night.

We find out later that they had found two people, one dead the other alive tied to a tree late Friday night in the forest. The dead person had been beaten to death. They were two college kids camping out in the forest. Of course we had no idea that law enforcement was running around looking for a killer:-( - until Sunday morning.

They caught the killers on that Sunday. The girl give a good description of the killers and of the belt buckle they took off her boyfriend's body. An off duty state cop was in an auto supply store in Ocala on Sunday and recognized the belt buckle and called for back up and they got him.

Truman