[RC] Paralysed Dalmation update - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

It's been almost a week since we found Koheila unable to move. She was very depressed and down the first few days, but on Saturday a couple of my friends showed up to give her massage and work with TTouch and other healing work. That seemed to jump her out of the depression and she began to get an appetite and to drink properly. You could also really see a difference in her body and the degree of relaxation in the legs after they finished. The x-rays seemed to indicate two vertebrae that didn't look quite like the others...maybe a disc problem, but we can't take anything more conclusive. I didn't tell my friends about the findings and they told me that the problem was in the lower spine, pinpointing the same area.

As she improves daily, however, the way she improves almost makes me wonder about a stroke/embolism. She can stand on her two left legs, but she seems to have little or no control yet over the right ones. She's reached a point where if she is lying on her left side she can get to a standing position and hold it for a couple of minutes. Today I think she forgot for a second about her legs and she leapt up from the lawn and took a couple of strides towards a friend of mine who had appeared in the garden...but then she folded up again. She wakes early and practices standing and then sleeps most of the day until late afternoon when it is cool enough for her in the garden. Whatever it is that got her last week, I don't think Koheila plans to give up her role as chief troublemaker around here.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
www.ratbusters.net
www.alsorat.com
"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon